Last week, I purchased one bottle of the local honey from the farms market. The honey tastes so great and I usually drink honey water in the morning! My mom told me that the warm honey water is actually good for the skin!! So, I normally have one bottle of honey in my kitchen!
Even though, the pure honey is good for health, but I still want to use it to do something sweet, delight, & moist for my afternoon tea at office!!
Here you go! I believe a simple slice of honey cake can be a great sweet for your afternoon tea at work! It is little sweet, healthy, and can totally re-refreshing you from a sleepy afternoon!!
Let’s see what we need to prepare to make this multiple honey cake.
Ingredients: (for making 5″*6″ honey cake)
For egg batter:
100g Unsalted butter
69g cake flour
63g corn powder
5 Egg yolk
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp Rum
For egg white
5 egg white
a. Separate the egg yolk & egg white.
b. Cut butter into the small pieces and put into the room temperature until soften.
c. Sift the flours
d. Prepare a loaf pan 5 by 6 inch with the cooking spray or water and line with parchment paper.
e. Pr-heat the oven to 390F (200C)
1. Beat butter until slightly fluffy.
2. Add sugar and beat until blended. (around 1 min)
3. Add honey & rum and blend them together
4. Add one egg yolk one at a time until all added into the mixture.
5. Sift half flour into the mixture, using a silicone spatula, fold the ingredients together. Sift the remaining flour over the batter and fold in.
6. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, whip the egg whites until foamy. Slowly add the sugar & lime juice and continue whipping until the egg whites are stiff and shiny.
7. Pour the 1/3 of egg white into the yolk batter, using silicone spatula, fold the ingredients together. Pour the remaining egg white over the batter and fold in.
8. Pour the batter (around 0.5 inch tall) into the prepared pan and spread it evenly. Bake until the cake is golden around 7-9 mins.
9. Take the cake out of oven, let it cool for 1 min.
10. Prepare a jelly pan, put 5-6 pieces of paper towel on top of it. Pour a cup of water in to the pan then put the cake on top of it.
11. Add the batter (around 0.5 inch tall) into the baking pan then bake 7-9 mins until the cake is golden.
12. Repeat step 8 to 11 steps until finished the cake batter.
13. Brush a layer of rum on top of the cake and put the plastic paper on top of the cake until completely cooled.
14. Cut the cake into small pieces & wrap with plastic paper, then put them into the refrigerator. Then, you can enjoy your delicious honey cake any time you want!